Need to Talk or get Support? Call us on: 01273 834912

Why did this happen to me?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Rainbow 1 month, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 63 times

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Rainbow

Hi friends

Over the years I have lost twelve family members to cancer, including my mother (Who died 12 years ago) and my father who lived in Canada (3 years ago) plus I have had (and recovered from) prostate cancer. I sometimes wonder why did this happen to me. I have found cancer is a roller coaster ride and not an enjoyable one either. Seeing my mother who was a fit healthy independent minded woman slowly go downhill to a point where she was bed ridden was the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. I found as a patient I felt at least I had some control over how I felt.

I don’t know why this all happened to me but some good has come out of it all. It has taught me how precious life is and had given me a much greater appreciation of the simple little things in life I used to take so much for granted. I am determined to enjoy what time I have left and to be more kind to people. Until we have been through the situations I’ve been through we don’t know how strong we are and it has I believe made me a better person, Rainbow

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.